Cornwall is becoming known as a 'foodie' destination with not only famous chefs choosing Cornwall as the place to site their restaurants but also for its great local produce....and not just the Cornish Pasty. From jams and chutneys, to cheese and wine, there is a great selection of produce to choose from and many places to buy.
• Boddington’s Berries –pyo strawberries, jams, wine and vinegar. Tregony Hill, Mevagissey.Tel;01726 842346 www.boddingtonsberries.co.uk Definitely telephone for directions!
• Lobbs Farm Shop, Heligan, St Ewe, Nr Mevagissey. Tel 07126 844411 Website
Situated in the car park at the Lost Gardens of Heligan, this excellent farm shop has its own home produced meat, delicatessen, vegetables and locally produced wine, biscuits, cakes etc.
• St Austell local produce market – fortnightly Fridays 10- 1.30pm, Trinity Street.
• Bosue Vineyard, St.Ewe. Nr Mevagissey. Tel 01726 843159 Website
• St Austell brewery. Tel 01726 66022 Website
Explore the stories behind the Cornish beers and sample some for yourselves.
• Camel Valley Vineyard, Nanstallon, Nr. Bodmin.Tel 01208 77959 Website
Award-winning vineyard that is family-run by Annie and Bob Lindo.
• For a very comprehensive list of farm shops and farmers' markets, please visit the Food From Cornwall Website.
• In St Austell (approx 15 mins from Mevagissey) there is a large Tesco and Asda, both of which have long opening hours and petrol stations.